Motability is a national charity, dedicated to helping people with disabilities get on the road!
The Motability Scheme enables people with a disability to lease a new car, scooter or powered wheelchair by exchanging their Government funded mobility allowance.
The worry–free package includes:
- A new car every three years
- Insurance for two named drivers with RSA Motability.
- Free tyre and windscreen replacement services.
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs all carried out by M25 Audi
- Vehicle adaptations – many of which cost you nothing. Further adaptations are available at affordable rates, including boot hoists and swivel seats. Order your adaptations at the same time as the new car, and it'll be delivered complete with the adaptations fitted.
- Full RAC breakdown assistance. The RAC Motability Assisthelpline and roadside staff are specially trained to handle your calls andare available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- Windscreen repair or replacement
- An allowance of 60,000 miles over the three yearperiod
Choose the right car
When choosing a new vehicle, there is a lot to consider. Our Motability specialists will take the time to ask you about how you will use your car, the types of journey you are likely to make and the things that are most important to you in a car, to help you select the vehicle that best meets your needs – including the optional extras or adaptations that might help to make your driving easier or more comfortable.We'd be delighted to give you a demonstration in the model of your choice and, if you prefer, we will bring the car to you for a test drive with our Test Drive Plus service.We also offer a part-exchange service, so you don't have to worry about your current car when the time arrives to change it
Ordering your car
Once you have chosen a car, placing an order with M25 Audi could not be simpler. We will take care of everything for you. All you need to bring with you are your driving licence (both parts) if you wish to drive, your named drivers' licences and their completed Driver Consent Form – plus details of any previous accidents and/or convictions.Once we have submitted your order, Motability will send you an Acceptance Letter and Personal Identification Number. This can take up to a fortnight. You will need the PIN to collect your car from our Audi Centre.
To pick up your new car from our Audi Centre, rather than sign a paper document you key in your Motability PIN to start the lease agreement.We'll give you a tour of the car as well, in case there are any features you aren't sure about, and check that we have your correct details, so that we can keep in touch from an aftercare point of view.If your car requires an Advance Payment, this will need to be paid in full either before or on the day you collect it.
Servicing and repairs
The cost of each service, and any repairs arising out of general wear and tear, are included in your Motability package. We'll update your car's service record, give your car a complimentary wash and vacuum and, so long as you book in advance, provide you with a courtesy car.If a suitable car is not available, we'll do our best to make alternative arrangements – we offer a collection and delivery service for example, and many jobs can be completed while you wait (we have free wi-fi, Sky TV and coffee or tea in our customer lounge).
Order your adaptations at the same time as your new car, and they can be fitted before you take delivery.
- Vehicle access. To help get in and out of a car as easily as possible – eg. swivel chairs, extended door opening angle, rise and fall transfer seats, person hoists and key fob extensions.
- Equipment loading. To help load and store equipment without the need for manual lifting – eg. electronic hoists for storing wheelchairs in the boot, and rooftop stowage systems for manual folding wheelchairs.
- Driving. To help with steering, braking and acceleration – eg. steering balls, push/pull hand controls and electronic or left foot accelerators, and infra-red controls.
Many adaptations are available at no extra cost through Motability's Managed Adaptations programme, while others cost significantly less than the manufacturer's recommended price.
If you cannot or do not wish to drive, you can choose up to two family members or friends (or a third for an additional charge) to drive your Motability vehicle.
Normally a nominated driver should live within five miles of your home, and only one named driver aged under 21 is permitted. Drivers under 21 are also restricted to cars with an ABI Insurance Group 16 or lower and with a power output of 115bhp or less.