The new Jaguar XJ revealed
There’s no more exciting news than that a new Jaguar is on the way, and the new Jaguar XJ fulfils all the promise that you’d expect from Jaguar’s top-of-the-range model in looks, performance, technology and luxury. And there are even two brand new models in the new Jaguar XJ line-up. But you’ll have to wait until the autumn for the XJ to arrive at our Spire Jaguar showroom...
From the new Jaguar XJ line-up you’ll be able to take your choice of XJ Luxury, Premium Luxury, Portfolio and XJR. But now there’s the new R-Sport with enhanced external features such as 20” Mataivia wheels, new side sills and a rear spoiler, as well as sports seats, piano black or carbon fibre trim and an R-Sport steering wheel. And there’s the new, long-wheelbase Autobiography with 20” Maroa wheels, quilted semi-aniline leather seats, a leather headliner, rich oak inlay veneer, illuminated stainless steel treadplates, individual, adjustable rear seats with massage function, and two folding 10.2” HD screens.
Such impressive luxury marks the new Jaguar XJ as being at the top of the Jaguar range, as does its performance. There’s a choice of one diesel and three petrol engines, ranging from 300PS to 550PS and all highly efficient and high performance, including the 5.0 V8 550PS, which can leap from zero to 62mph in only 4.6 seconds.
Some of the driver assistance systems available on the new Jaguar XJ range:
- All-Surface Progress Control: just steer as your XJ does all the work on ice and other tricky surfaces
- Traffic Sign Recognition: continually updates you on the current speed limit
- Closing Vehicle Sensing: alerts you to vehicles approaching fast from behind when you change lanes
- Reverse Traffic Detection: warns of vehicles approaching from the sides
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist: always keeps you a safe distance from the vehicle in front whatever your speed
The Jaguar XJ is available Autumn 2015 with prices starting from £58,690