Step from the road and on to the racetrack with the Peugeot 308 Racing Cup
Introducing Peugeot Sport’s most radical model in the range; the Peugeot 308 Racing Cup. Born to race, the 308 Racing Cup has been honed by both Style Peugeot and Peugeot Sport to deliver a truly spectacular racing vehicle. With incredible performance and equally incredible design highlights, the 308 Racing Cup builds upon the acclaimed platform that is the 308 GTi by Peugeot Sport.
Honed for the racetrack, the Peugeot 308 Racing Cup offers a package which we’re sure will satisfy even the most exacting customers who seek the perfect combination of performance and driving pleasure. It’s intimidating wide stance hugs the road to deliver a clear pointer from the very first glance that this is a high performance vehicle. Taking into account the assertive character of the Peugeot 308 GTi by Peugeot Sport, the 308 Racing Cup inherits not just the distinctive muscular look but sweeping curves and increased aerodynamic efficiency. Add to this the WTCC approved spoiler, unique front and rear bumpers, front splitter and widened wheel arches for the new race-spec 18” wheels; the 308 Racing Cup delivers a truly spectacular racy silhouette.
Born to race and succeed the RCX Racing Cup in both single-make championships and the saloon and sports car racing series, the Peugeot 308 Racing Cup rightly possess a high-performance powerhouse of an engine. The 310PS 1.6-litre THP engine derived from the 308 GTi by Peugeot Sport features tweaks from the engine specialists at Velizy as well as incorporating a turbo to help produce a mesmerizing power output of over 310PS. Housing some pivotal parts from it’s road going counterpart, the team at Peugeot Sport have added a number of elements to ensure this 308 is race ready. Opting for piston brake-calipers and a six-speed sequential gearbox which benefits from a wheel-mounted paddle shifters; the 308 Racing Cup is more than ready to race.
The Latest Peugeot 308 Racing Cup video
Key features of the Peugeot 308 Racing Cup:
- The 1.6-litre THP engine produces 310PS, 40PS more compared to the 308 GTi by Peugeot Sport
- The width has been extended to 1,910mm – 106mm more than the 308 GTi by Peugeot Sport
- Home to 18” wheels, piston brake-calipers, six-speed sequential gearbox, which includes wheel-mounted paddle-shifters
- Intended to succeed the RCZ Racing Cup in both single-make championships and the saloon and sports car racing series
- The Peugeot 308 Racing Cup will be available from the end of 2016 to customers all around the world