The BMW 3.0 CSL Hommage R Concept: A perfect fusion of driver and machine
BMW have again introduced yet another incredible concept car; the BMW 3.0 CLS Hommage R. Featuring a futuristic interior and eye-catching exterior, the Hommage R is certainly something to celebrate.
The announcement of the Hommage R celebrates the 40th anniversary of BMW in North America as well as the success of the first BMW 3.0 CSL that made its debut you in American motorsport in 1975.
As you would expect the BMW Hommage R has a host of interior functions and race-derived exterior components which take advantage of the latest technological innovations. The cabin has been designed with an obvious focus on the driver, integrating the functions of the driver’s clothing with the car. Doubling up as an augmented reality display, the race helmet’s visor projects situation-based information to the driver, enabling the driver to concentrate fully on driving the car. With the addition of the driver’s suit with illuminated sleeves which illustrate information such as the shift impulse, this concept is truly driver focused.
The R has more dashboard features than the regular 3.0 CSL Hommage, whilst giving a nod to the very first BMW 3.0 CSL with a slither of wood panelling inside this otherwise carbon-fibre car. Externally the Hommage R sees the most obvious difference than that of the original 3.0 CSL Hommage. Not only is it the lowest of any model of the BMW family, the Hommage R is home to a large black front splitter, in addition to a large double diffuser, both made from carbon-fibre. The muscular presence combined with the sweeping bonnet combine to create a perfect mixture of untainted sport and elegance.
Some of the highlights of the BMW's latest concept:
- Augmented reality display for the driver’s helmet allows the driver to see a host of situational information such as the car’s speed, gear engaged and engine revs
- Driver’s racing suit designed by Puma visually expresses the connection between the driver and the car with illuminated sleeves which show the progress of information
- Carbon-fibre seats which reflect the anatomy of the driver, ensuring the driver has the best possible connection with the car
- Matte gold 21-inch light alloy wheels with black inlays
- Carbon-fibre large front splitter and double diffuser