Endless fun with the announcement of the new California Beach model
A new entry-level camper, offering added value and more versatility with seating for up to seven people. The California Beach blends the appeal of the California with the practicality and versatility of the Caravelle people carrier.
- Inside, seating for up to seven people is available with a two, or three, seat rear bench, and further optional individual chairs. The front seats swivel to face the rear and a portable table, neatly stored in the sliding side door, can create a sociable lounge area. In addition, two folding chairs are stored in the tailgate.
- A large amount of luggage space is offered behind the rail-mounted seats and the Beach also offers sleeping accommodation for four. The bench-seat easily folds to convert to a two-berth bed across the width of the vehicle, while a manual pop-up roof gives access to a further double bed. Integrated pull-down blinds for the side and rear windows, plus pop-up covers for the front window, ensure privacy when required.
- The California Beach is powered by a choice of 2.0-litre TDI engines.
- Making its debut on the Beach is a highly-efficient 114 PS BlueMotion Technology model offering optimised fuel efficiency and lowering emissions. With a five-speed manual transmission with longer gearing, cruise control, Stop/Start system, brake regeneration and low rolling resistance tyres, it offers a combined fuel economy figure of 40.4 mpg and a CO2 output of 184 g/km.
- The second engine is the more powerful 140 PS unit, mated to a six-speed manual gearbox. With a premium of £1,165 over the BlueMotion Technology model, the 2.0-litre TDI 140 PS returns 36.7 mpg on the combined cycle with CO2 emissions of 203 g/km.
As standard, the well-equipped newcomer to the popular California camper range is fitted with stylish 16-inch ‘Miyato’ alloy wheels, Climatic air conditioning and a CD/radio with eight speakers.
Customers can also choose from a raft of options, including larger alloy wheels, a 32-litre cool/warm box (powered by second leisure battery), programmable parking heater, an awning, privacy glass, double glazing and Bluetooth mobile phone provision, plus satellite navigation with Western Europe mapping pre-loaded to an internal memory and xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights.
Prices will start at £36,243 on the road (OTR* incl VAT†).