How often, why and when should I have my VW Van serviced?
How often should I service my VW van? A vital question for any business user. You’ll want to be sure that your VW van is always ready to meet the demands that you place on it – that’s one of the reasons you chose VW reliability and performance. It’s also an important reason to have your van serviced at your local VW van dealership, the VW Van Centre (Hatfield), where your van will always be serviced by VW trained technicians, using genuine VW parts and materials, and who are equipped to handle your specific VW van model. Regular servicing at your local VW van dealership is important, not only for maintaining your VW van’s reliability, but also to maintain your van’s resale value. And, as you’ll see below, the answer to the question of how often you should have your van serviced depends on how, how much and under what conditions you drive your VW van.
You can choose from two types of service regimes at VW Van Centre (Hatfield), depending on your driving methods. Your VW van also has the benefit of a service indicator on the dashboard to remind you of when a service is due.
Service Regime One: Fixed Service (Time and Distance) – the first of 12,000 miles or 12 months
- Recommended if you drive less than 10,000 miles a year
- You drive your van mainly in town centres / heavy traffic
- You make frequent short journeys
- You often use your van for towing or heavily laden
- Your driving style involves hard acceleration and braking
Service Regime Two: Flexible Service (Long Life Service) – the first of 18,000 miles or 24 months
- Recommended if you drive over 25 miles a day
- You often use your van for long distance journeys
- You rarely tow with your van or use it to its maximum load capacity
- You adopt an economical driving style with minimal engine loading
Book your Service
Buy a used VW Van and get two services for only £149...Book your Service
VW Servicing Prices
Service plans to help you keep track of your maintenance costs...Find out more
Fixed-price VW genuine parts with 2 years' warranty..Find out more
MOT testing by the VW van specialists for your peace of mind...Find out more
Getting you back on the road after an accident – no fuss...Find out more